Bisi Imafidon and Phill Minns are England Athletics Mental Health Ambssadors.
As Mental Health Ambassadors we are aware that physical activity is good for our bodies and our minds, but we also understand that having a mental health problem can make it difficult to get started for a number of reasons ranging from negative body image, lack of self-esteem to practical reason such as having no one to go with and not knowing where to get started.
As Mental Health Ambassadors we are committed to improving mental wellbeing through running.
As ambassadors we will:
1. Support Work with other people in your running club or group (such as committee members or group leader) to proactively support the mental wellbeing of club/group members. Provide information about local services that can offer support to participants with needs not related to sport.
2. Engage Make links between your club/group with local mental health groups and organisations and encourage their members to start running.
3. Tweet Share with their twitter follower’s England Athletics’ information about #runandtalk and other related campaigns.
4. Share Share England Athletics Facebook posts about #runandtalk and other related content.
5. Talk Start conversations about mental health with other club or group members.
6. Advocate Share guidance and information provided by England Athletics with elected club/group officials and others about mental health issues related to running.
7. Volunteer Get involved and actively participate in volunteer opportunities to support people experiencing mental health problems to start running.