VIRTUAL WEEKLY CHALLENGES
Hello and welcome to the EERR Virtual Challenges webpage. Here you will find the latest updates, results and the input form for entering the Virtual Weekly Challenges. There will be the WEEKLY 5KM CHALLENGE (just like a solo Parkrun but any day of the week you want and any route) and updates with stats published such as times, names , age grade (but unfortunately without any milestone t-shirts). There will also be regular challenges including the ever popular (or dreaded) 1.5 mile Time Trial and other distances - see the Virtual Challenge Schedule below.
For basic rules please read the guidance on the frontpage of the google form below.
VIRTUAL CHALLENGE SCHEDULE / TIMETABLE
STORY AND STATS OF WEEK 8 - 5k and 1mile TT
Week 8 was 5k and the 1 mile Time Trial. In the usual weather update, Week 8 started off wet and ended up hot.
No First Timers for the time as we had 16x1mile entries and 24x5k entries. Plenty of regulars with 48 EERR having now competed since Week 1 in 259 challenges and have ran over 1 million metres in 5ks alone.
As he prepares for upcoming races in Australia, Seth Healey hit the track and took 1st place with a magnificent 16:46 and set a new VC 5k Age Grade best at 77.34% (note: graded using Track AG factor, not road). This is just 0.08% shy of the overall VC age record held by Catherine Apps (77.42% in the 5mile).
Hazel Reade (22.45) claimed first female for the third time.
Mark McColgan (05:21) claimed first overall in the 1 mile time trial and Rowena Evans (6:13) claimed first female.
PB streaks continue...
Paul Jackson (21:58) has once again hit a PB, so every week (7 weeks) and he just keeps on going and so did Lisa Naylor (24:32) who has a 5 week VC PB streak- some healthy household competition driving impressive results.
Leena Choi (36:09) is another impressing on a VC PB roll with a 3 week streak.
- PBs: 7 VC 5k PBs including Mark Sheraton (by 1:00), Dani Fletcher (0:34), and Jo Dorling (by 0:18).
- VC champions - EERR ever present (every challenge): 6 people have now completed all 8 challenges - Lisa Naylor, Paul Jackson, Dini Patel, Grace McCorry, Mark McColgan and Jo Dorling.
- VC champions - every week: Still championing 5k each week are Remi Kubar and Colin Jenkins. Hazel Reade and Rowena Evans have also completed a challenge every week.
Latest Week Results
VC PBs, Latest and Past Results
FILE WITH RESULTS AND PBs
Virtual Challenges (Results and PBs) 20200709.xlsx